I have been meaning to do this post for quite a while now, but for some reason I have kept putting it off. Maybe it’s just the thought of turning 30 soon, I really don’t want to leave my 20’s behind, I’m just not ready! I turn 30 in just over 2 months, when I was younger and pictured myself at the age of 30 I saw something completely different to where I am. I imagined being married with kids, a decent career that I enjoy. In reality I’m engaged, not married yet, I have 3 cats no children and a job that doesn’t really satisfy me or allow me to say I actually have a career!! Yes these things get me down at times, but I am proud of what I have achieved so far in life and I am happy with what I have.
Anyway before I ramble on too much here are things that I had written down that I wanted to do before turning 30. I still have a small amount of time to complete some more but some of them will have to be moved to a different goal post. So here is what I picked:
- Go to Australia (and also visit the Neighbours set… yes I am a massive fan don’t judge!) – This was meant to happy but unfortunately circumstances have put this on hold.
- Go to Cape Verde – I did this in June, it is an amazing and beautiful place to go and see.
- Go to Thailand again – I have booked this, when Australia fell through I decided Thailand for my 30th! 🙂
- Get a new job – This one still hasn’t happened yet but I am still trying.
- Lose Weight – This is work in progress!!
- Buy a pole for pole dancing – Regrettably I still haven’t got this, I am waiting to have some spare cash!! Hmm that may take a while!
- Weekend away with Mark – This has kind of been done except it was with the parents and is part of No.16!
- Sort out wardrobe! – I actually laughed whilst typing this, No I have still not done this! Ooops
- Continue eating healthily – I managed this most of the time, I do slip probably a little too much though!
- Buy a headboard – This sounds silly but we don’t actually have one and we have been meaning to get one for a while! Hopefully this being on the list will give us the kick up the bum we need to buy one!
- Successfully organise a Blogger Event – yes yes and yes!! I have done this one and I am currently organising my second event!! Yey.
- Read 25 books – I started this at the start of the year and I have read 19 so far, I’m on book 20 at the moment.
- Go to a concert again – It has been ages since I last went to a concert and I still haven’t gone to one recently.
- Another tattoo – I currently have 5 tattoos and I may get one on my holiday to Thailand which is before my birthday 🙂
- Be able to do pull ups – Well this one is still very much work in progress and I think it’s going to take a lot longer for me to actually be able to do pull ups! I don’t mean just one, I mean several at once!
- Go to Whitby with Mark – We went to Whitby in August, it was Mark’s first time there. My family has a cottage there and I really should go more often than I do!
- Play crazy golf – It has been years since I last did this! I want to relive my youth and go for a game of crazy golf!!
- Try snow boarding / skiing – I have never done this, I want to go and try it an Chill Factore but I don’t know when I will actually get around to this one!
- Go rock climbing – I used to love rock climbing and again haven’t done it for years. We have our tickets though to go bouldering in Liverpool, so we will be doing this soon!
- Start a YouTube channel – Well I haven’t done this! I’m scared at going on video! I also haven’t got time to do editing… I will think about doing this though!
- Go to Liverpool Museums – These are on my doorstep and I haven’t visited them since I was a child! This could make an interesting cheap day out!
- Go on Mersey Ferry – This is literally on my doorstep and I can’t remember when I went on this I was that young!! It’s a nicer way to get over to Liverpool than using the train! I must do this!!
- Get another piercing – I actually got two more! Tragus and Helix.
- Go to Isle of Man – I am doing this on Saturday! It maybe for work but hey.
Well I didn’t even come up with 30 things! I haven’t completed them all, maybe about half so far! I still have just over two months… yeh well I wont be able to complete them all.
I will be doing a post of all the things I am glad I have been able to do before turning 30. Then think of all the other things I can get through in my 30’s. It will be a new chapter in my life. This list is not everything I want to do in life, there is so much more still yet to come.
Are you turning 30 soon? Or were you someone that dreaded the big 3-0 as well?
I’d love to hear from you 🙂 leave your comments below.