It is really important to look after your skin and use the right skin care, it isn’t like you can just get a new one! When your skin is exposed to the sun it is vital you use something to protect your skin from any damage. I am one of those people who never burns, but that doesn’t mean that the sun isn’t causing any damage still though. Sun damage can cause your skin to age quicker and this is usually one thing we are constantly trying to prevent, so why let it happen!
Your skin goes through a lot each day, so it is only natural it will start to show signs of this. You may suffer from dry skin, stretch marks, scars and blemished skin. These may be things that you can’t irradicate, but you can help to treat these things and reduce the signs.
I was kindly sent a Calypso sun protection dry oil SPF30 and Re-Gen Cream for the treatment of stretch marks, scars, dry skin and blemished skin to try out. Read on if you are looking for affordable skin care.
Calypso Dry Oil, Wet Skin – for wet and dry skin SPF 30
Calypso’s dry oil is such a steal at around £5.99 for 200ml. You can get it slightly cheaper at times. This is such a bargain for sun protection and it smells amazing… that coconutty holiday smell. I really like the fact that you can use this oil on wet and dry skin, this makes it perfect to reapply as soon as you get out of the pool or the sea. It provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays so complies with European recommendations. The oil is water resistant and non-greasy so you can apply it and don’t need to worry about looking like a greasy chip! It also contains Vitamin E to help protect from free radicals. This oil doesn’t leave any white marks so you can use it without any worry.
The dry oil comes in SPF 6, 10, 15 and 30. This product is not tested on animals, which is great to hear. You can pick this up at places like Wilkinsons, Home Bargains and Amazon.
Re-Gen Cream – specialist treatment for stretch marks, scars dry skin & blemishes
The Re-Gen cream is specially formulated to help prevent and provide treatment for stretch marks, dry skin and blemishes. The cream contains Vitamin E & A, Lavender, Calendula, Chamomile and Rosemary oils. These make the cream smell very pleasant and not overpowering. The active ingredient is PCL liquid which helps skin regeneration. It helps provide skin suppleness and it creates a layer to protect the skin from drying out and helps to lock in moisture.
This cream absorbs straight into the skin really easily and quickly, it doesn’t leave a greasy residue so you can dress easily after applying. My skin feels so soft after using this cream and I really love the smell of it. Re-Gen cream claims that it will:
- Help prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks caused by pregnancy and weight loss. – No cream is a miracle worker, but if you use it at the right time i.e before you have the stretch marks then this could help to prevent them. If your stretch marks are quite visible then treating them and keeping them moisturised will help make them look less harsh.
- Helps improve the condition of the skin with scar tissue. – You should always look after your scars and if you use a cream regularly on them to keep them moisturised then this will definitely improve the condition of them.
- Improves the appearance of sagging and wrinkled skin by aiding the skin’s elasticity. – This I can not answer, I don’t have sagging or wrinkled skin so I don’t know if this cream helps.
- Shows water repellent properties. – This is correct and that is what protects the skin and keeps moisture locked in, this prevents your skin from drying out.
- Helps protect against the drying effect of wind and water & moisturises dry skin. – I would agree with this and say that I covered this in the point above. Maybe they have stretched out their points of what the cream does ha!
- Will help reduce the appearance of blemishes and pigmentation marks. – To a certain degree yes, as you help the condition of your skin with you skin care then the appearance will reduce.
- Makes the skin soft and supple. – This is a big yes! It makes your skin feel super soft!
This cream is not tested on animals, so a big plus for me! This cream is around £6 for 125ml, you really can’t go wrong with the price of it! You can pick this up from places such as Home Bargains, Aldi, Asda, Boyes.
So if you are looking for some affordable skin care of sun protection then why not give these a try. If you have ever tried these out let me know what you thought.